One of the most important methods for companies interested in reaching a large audience and growing the bottom line is a top-notch marketing plan. Bigger businesses invest well into the thousands, some even millions, hitting their target audience to turn them into paying customers.
Nevertheless, most small and medium-sized companies do not have limitless advertising capital. Requiring an educated marketing decision. For traditional marketing approaches, many companies do very well and completely ignore digital marketing. Some companies find digital marketing to work best for their company.
Deciding the best marketing plan requires a bit of understand of each and how each strategies work, and how they can work together.
Digital Marketing Defined
The promotion of products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media. For example, advertising mediums that might be used as part of the digital marketing strategy of a business could include promotional efforts made via the Internet, social media, mobile phones and electronic billboards. (Business Dictionary)
- 70% of consumers want to learn about products through content as opposed to traditional ad methods.
- 46% of all searches on Google are seeking local information.
- 72% of consumers, who search for local businesses [online], end up visiting stores within five miles.
- 64% of consumers say watching a marketing video on Facebook has influenced a purchase decision of theirs in the last month.
Digital Marketing Makes Sense (and Cents!)
Today, many people spend most of their time online. It only makes sense to communicate with consumers through social media, blogging, email. Digital marketing makes it possible for customers to find you, so the more the company has the more digital exposure and recognition.
It is also relatively easy and inexpensive to use digital marketing. Many online sites are free to use, and low-budget approaches can provide great exposure.
Traditional Marketing Defined
Traditional Marketing refers to a kind of promotion, advertisement in which companies used this method in the early period to market their product. This Marketing includes print advertisements, billboards, flyers or pamphlets, TV, newspaper, radio, etc. (Quora) In addition to direct mail postcards, brochures, fliers sent through the postal mail. (Marketing Schools)
- 79% of households say they read or scan direct mail ads.
- 39% of customers say they try a business for the first time because of direct mail advertising.
- 56% of customers find print marketing to be the most trustworthy type of marketing.
- 44% of customers visit a brand’s website after receiving direct mail marketing.
Traditional Marketing Has Its Drawbacks
Traditional marketing gives your audience very little interaction and can be very expensive.
Traditional marketing allows you to broadcast a message to a targeted audience (zip code mailers, industry or interest printing publications, etc.), but it’s more of a one-and-done, where it can only be seen when people watch that publication or read their mail before throwing it into the recycling bin. Most experts think high risk and low reward for traditional marketing.
What Should You Do?
If your business isn’t using digital media for marketing, it’s time to start marketing in 2019! However, don’t give up on traditional marketing efforts if they work and you have the budget. A good marketing plan will coordinate your online and offline efforts, using both digital and traditional media to get your business the exposure it needs to succeed.